Recipes

Friday, January 4, 2013

Just Another Day for Me in Paradise!


Well not really paradise but my own little corner of the world.  Busyness ruled the early parts of the day and presently I'm home enjoying a cup of tea post dinner.  Time to relax a bit.... Fun computer keyboard with faces on the keys


This morning I attended an orientation/welcoming event at the town's Seniors Centre which was hosted for those people who had joined in the past six weeks; there were about 40 new members present.  The overall membership is 3,500 people meeting and participating in a number of venues around town.  The staff members gave an overview of all the programs and services provided at low cost or no cost.  I will take a little time to review the programs before I decide to participate.  Looking forward to being a member and volunteer.

Then home quickly for a quick lunch, only time for a sandwich, a cup of coffee and cookies, then back in the car to visit my daughter's FIL who is recovering after surgery due to a hip fracture.  He is 82 and as well as this incident, he is showing progressive signs of dementia.  The doctor has indicated that these two factors will point him in the direction of a nursing home after he has healed sufficiently to be moved from hospital.  He was having a good day memory wise as he did recognize me when he first saw him.  His ex-wife, who is his POA has arranged for a personal support worker to be with him during the day as he does attempt to get out of bed.  He can't get out of bed without a lot of assistance just yet.  It will be awhile before he is back on his feet.  I'll visit with him again next week. 

Home again for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I needed to clean out some of the crap left over from Christmas, put the decor, tree etc into my storage locker.  That's done, and I'm looking around and thinking that my challenge of eliminating 64 items this month of January is going to be pretty easy.  I'm thinking of upping it to 100 items but not sure yet.  I don't want to get too lofty in my goals..... LOL!  Spending has been good with 2 no spend, 2 spend this year.  Parking is ridiculously priced at the hospital.... $4.50 for 1/2 hour.   I will be factoring more parking costs into January budget. 

All in all, a good day overall.  And happy to be snug at home in my own little paradise.  :)

Talk to you later friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie, I'm new to your blog, and really like what I am reading and seeing. Good job! I've linked over from Ilona's.
    Regarding the hospital parking cost....any chance they have a validation option available? I know at U of M(Minnesota) they will validate if you've had an appointment,not sure about being a visitor. They may have a hardship option for elderly if you ask. Nothing lost, nothing gain if they don't, but worth a try? Keeping up the great job, I know the challenges are big ones in retirement. Love Carla's challenge. Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete